In order to use In-App Purchases in your application, you will need first to create the Products in the Kodika platform. Products are anything that can be bought using an In-App Purchase, like a subscription or tokens.
Users can purchase non‑consumable, premium features within an app. Non‑consumables are purchased once and do not expire, such as additional filters in a photo app.
Users can purchase access to services or periodically updated content, such as monthly access to cloud storage or a weekly subscription to a magazine. Users are charged on a recurring basis until they decide to cancel.
- Open Payments - In-App Purchases menu.
- Press + Create Product.
- Choose Type of Product.
- Type Product Name. This is displayed to the users, but you can change it before and after the application’s release.
- Type Product Id. This is a unique identifier to be displayed in your sales report. It is not displayed to the users, and you cannot change it after the release of the application.
- If you selected Subscription, you will need to select the period of it. Period values are predefined by Apple.
- Select the Price Tier.
- Press SAVE.
- You are ready to use the new product in your Price Label and Buy Button.
Apple only allows predefined prices for the In-App Purchases. By selecting an Apple Price tier, you set your product’s price globally and for all currencies.
Before releasing your application, you will need to setup the In-App Purchases in your App Store Connect. A member of the Kodika Team will help you with the process. Note: You don’t need to setup anything in App Store Connect during development.